Monday, June 20, 2011

Day Four thru Eight

Where does the time go? This is why I have not ever been a successful blogger, or journalist for that matter. I just can't get to the computer for five minutes and write down my thoughts. All day long things flow through my head to blog about later but when I actually sit down there is very little content of insight to share. OK, about the detox...

It is going great and maybe a positive to take from the lack of blogging is that it hasn't been all consuming to the point that it's all I think about. It has been really easy. I have noticed that I am really tired and heavy feeling when I run and I have had a headache from time to time. But that's about it. I do miss drinking but I keep telling myself that this is nothing compared to pregnancy. A three week pregnancy if you will...no problem.

If I can dip back into my memory I'll pass on the meals I had for the end of week 1. Salmon with lentils (yum), grilled leg of lamb with Mediterranean quinoa salad, Grilled Beer Can Chicken (this was for Father's Day), turkey burgers, and coconut tilapia.

The shakes are really good. My latest favorite is coconut milk, OJ, mango, and blueberries. Dang, it was delish. And that's a good thing now that we are on to 3 shakes a day.

For lunches I have had lots of leftovers so nothing to note there. Snacks remain nut, fruit, and rice cake filled. I haven't had near the amount of hummus I thought I would. I guess with all the yummy fruits in season now, I'm not even getting to the fridge.

It's meatless week 2 now and I am really excited about this. Don and I have been having a meatless night a couple times a week at most so a whole week of meatless is a fun challenge. I think we have a pretty good line up for the week.

Today for lunch I had lentils mixed with Brown Rice Vegetable Risotto leftovers and tonight we are having a giatnt pot of vegetable curry. I am combining two recipes and it has like 10 vegetables in it. Also gonna have a beet walnut salad on the side.

One thing I have noticed on the detox is that Sam and I are eating in harmony for most meals. Having so much fresh food on hand has been great for his meals and snacks. He's having loads of fruit and fresh meats and loves rice and quinoa. He even loved the hot cereal which made me want to barf.

No comments:

Post a Comment