Monday, June 13, 2011

Day One

Today I start my detox. Meleah and I are cleansing together, separately. She is my coach and we anticipate being in constant contact over the next three weeks which is such a side bonus to this whole "health kick" we're starting.

Last night I was reflecting on my current health status and my goals, not just with this detox, but with health and fitness for the long haul. Obviously, at the top of the list is weight loss. But I also want to get into a routine of healthy habits like drinking less, making better food choices, exercise daily, better grooming routines like actually moisturizing on a daily basis. Stuff that I should be doing as part of my everyday life that has somehow not been given priority lately.

For my weight loss goal, I have been going to weight watchers with little movement on the scales to show for it. It's been discouraging but I know it's because I haven't really changed anything to influence those scales to move. So I'm really hoping this detox jump starts me and helps me reconnect with those good habits I used to own.

So how is Day 1 going? Well, it's 10 am. I have had a smoothie, some fruit with Sam, and a big glass of water. I am getting hungry now, as I write this, so I may go dig through the fridge and make a healthy choice. Meleah is gonna shoot me some recipes and grocery lists soon but until then there has to be something healthy in that fridge right?

1 comment: